Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hello again everyone. I just discovered something. My brother is annoying. Oh wait, I already knew that. Anyways I'm here in Indiana, visiting my Grandma. Yup. We're staying at her house for the rest of the week. Then I get to come home for two days and then it's off to college. Go figure. I think I sometimes make more progress on stories when I have other stuff going on. I guess it's kind of a lazy day type thing, you know?

Well, I haven't made much progress on Pure Chaos chapter 2. I still haven't gotten quite right. Anyways, I'm also thinking about starting another story. It would be based on the show/manga called Legendz. Yes, I'm sure I spelled it correctly. It's an obscure series that is kinda like monster battling. Kind of sort of a Pokémon type thing, except that it's a game. In the anime, the main character is chased down because his dad gives him a Talispod (Device used to summon the monsters in the game) that is uniquely colored. Turns out, that's not all that's special about it. Instead of projecting holograms, the device actually brings the creatures to life. And the "bad group" of the show wants it, so they attack with their own version of the device. I couldn't stand, however, the constant breaking of the 4th wall and overall writing of the story really pissed me off. It felt like the whole show was a total joke for the writers. In fact the line "Who wrote this anime?!?!?!" was used about ten times in the first episode alone. The main character's teacher is replaced by a crazy disguise lady who seems to stalk the Wind Dragon that the main character finds with the Talispod. The main character himself is a total idiot, and can't figure anything out to save his life. Overall, I was very disappointed, I was hoping that the show would at least take itself seriously but it was not to be. However I did like the concept of the game coming to life. The manga, on the other hand, took itself very seriously, however, the Legendz game, was just that, a game. It felt a lot like another Yu-Gi-Oh! show where all the characters talked about was strategy and how to raise them to be powerful and the like. The point of all this ranting is that I'm thinking of re-writing a story combining the two concepts. Like I said, I liked the idea of the creatures exiting the game, but couldn't deal with the show's lack of seriousness. In fact, the characters only ever passively mention the game in the show, and don't explain at all the concepts used in the battles. Anyways...

I wanted to thank you all once again for you support of my stories. It's still hard to believe that something I came up with randomly in my spare time has become so popular on the interwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment