Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Writing or the Lack thereof...

Procrastination is at the same time a wonderful and horrible thing. Being able to say:"I'll do it tomorrow" and sleep with an unburden conscience can sometimes be a blessing, on the other hand if you do this too many times nothing ever gets done.

Not helping my current writing drought... 
is that a lot of things happened in my day to day life. Everything from getting screwed from bureaucracy, losing and gaining family members, considering moving across the country in order to visit another university, all over to getting a girlfriend and now studying for exams all kind of moved writing into the background and made me say:"I'll write something tomorrow" over and over again.

It is kind of unfortunate as well considering I had a post a week rhythm going. So now you may ask:"Ben, what does all this blabbering mean? Have you giving up writing and if not when am I going to be able to read the next installment?" To answer these legitimate questions. No, I haven't quit writing. I was actually quite regularly and I continued getting ideas, which I all written down so I wouldn't forget them. Also my girlfriend is interested in the stuff  I write and actually started drawing fan art for my story The Next In Line, which you are able to find on my DeviantArts page here (cough cough shameless self promotion cough). Her being interested is a strong motivator along with the follows and reviews I get. So chapters should start getting posted soon™.

I have now set my sites on completing The Next In Line before 17th December, the date of publication of the first chapter. It seems reasonable to me as long as I get back into the swing of things. What my project is going to be after that I am not sure. I am still plotting the other Pokémon FanFic "Of Skill and Ability" but I kind of want to write a Fullmetal Alchemist x Harry Potter crossover, in line with my motto "The story you want to read is best written by yourself." That story is still in its early stages and hasn't even gotten a project title yet. But I still have some time until I can start my the next writing adventure and other possibilities may pop up.

I will end it here before this post becomes a story of its own.

Benthefirst, signing out.

Boom Boom Pow, AWAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment