Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pain and... more pain.

So then... Hi. Lets see... stuff to talk about.

  • Spine Injury?
  • Story
Yeah... that should about cover it.



I have to say, whoever invented IcyHot Patches is a genius. Seriously. I used my first one yesterday thinking it would just get cold and then hot and be done. But it goes back and forth between the two for 8 hours. Sweet... But you may ask why I need them. Well... It's a bit of a long story, but hey, that's why I'm here. About a month or so ago I noticed a bit of pain around my right hip area. Well, I stopped wearing my wallet there and it went away. I've had the pains on and off for this whole time, but they never really got in the way of anything. Just kind of... sore. That is, until last Thursday anyways. All of a sudden, and out of nowhere, the pain got so bad that I literally could not walk, or even sit in hard chairs. I spent the weekend then at home in pain, stuck on the couch and being driven around to doctors. First I was sent to get an x-ray. The radiologist said that he saw a clear case of "sclerosis of the right sacroiliac joint." and by the way, that's part of your spine, not your hip. So now we know it's a spine injury of some sort, and not my hip. Well, we scheduled an appointment with an orthopedist, a doctor who specializes in bones, and he came in and told me I needed to get an MRI done because my X-Rays (Which he didn't even get to see) looked normal. That office suspects at this point "Sciatica" which is when the sciatic nerve is pinched or the like. Now, the sciatic nerve is the main nerve cluster that goes down your leg, so you can imagine how much pain it causes and how easy it is to set off. So I'm going to get an MRI done this week, and then we'll see what happens. Meanwhile though, I'm forced to go through Midterm week here on campus with a serious injury. I have a lot of school work to get done too right now.

Other than that though, you guys get some good news. My boredom over this weekend has caused me to do something I haven't done in a number of months: Open the file where Pure Chaos is. Now, I haven't done any work on it yet, but my mind is on it, and I may get some done later today if I get a chance after school work is done. I'm disappointed that no one came forward with any ideas for fluff for me like I asked, but hey, I can't change what you all do. I'm considering reducing the fluff and merging it with the next chapter instead, since I can't seem to come up with enough filler. That will mean the next chapter should be fairly long. This isn't a bad thing, as I've always preferred longer chapters myself, but it's hard to write.

One last thing, I'm considering going back on what I said before, the whole, "One story at a time" thing. Maybe it will help me stay interested in writing in general. Just have to be careful not to work on too many at once.

See you all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment