Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hmmm... Things to talk about today...

  1. "The Story Board" Changes
  2. Awards
  3. My Day
  4. Sonic Generations
  5. Mention story
  6. My "Let's Play"

It's official. Being sick SUCKS. What's even worse? Being sick and alone. Yesterday was my first experience being sick and having to fend for myself. It was not fun. At all. I was in bed all day yesterday, and no one was even online to keep me company. *sigh* Oh well.

While I was sick, I decided to peruse the Steam Network's catalogue. And I came across, to my surprise, a computer version of Sonic Generations. Now, I have no interest in the computer version of the game, but have been anxiously awaiting the xBox 360 release of the game. The game comes out November 1st for xBox 360 and PS3, and later in the month for (Windows) computers and Nintendo 3DS. Players will go through at least one level of every other Sonic game ever made as both "Modern" and "Classic" Sonic. The difference? Control style. "Classic" Sonic plays as a '2.5D' side scroller, whereas "Modern" Sonic plays with the modern 3D control scheme. "Classic" Sonic is animated to appear younger than "Modern" Sonic (All black and white eyes vs "Modern" green irises, shorter, a bit chubbier if I do say so myself...) and does not have access to "Modern" Sonic's move set, namely, the homing attack, and more recently, the "Sonic Boost". A neat thing that I can only assume, based on trailers, is that both versions of the courses are visible at the same time. So while playing "Modern" Sonic's Green Hill Zone you can see "Classic" Sonic's version of the course in the background/foreground. Of course, that will be mixed in with scenery, so it could just be hard to tell. Some of the levels I have seen bits of and look forward to are: Modern Green Hill Zone, a Classic version of Sonic Unleashed's Rooftop Run (Day version, obviously), to name a few. Other levels include the Lab zone (I forget what the name is) from Sonic 2, SeaSide Hill from Sonic: HeroesSpeed Highway from Sonic Adventure, the ever popular City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2: BattleCrisis City from Sonic the Hedgehog (The xBox 360 exclusive title), and Planet Wisp from Sonic: Colors. Along the way, players rescue both "Modern" and "Classic" versions of other characters, such as Miles "Tails" Prower, who then lend the respective Sonic a hand durning future levels, and level plays.

On to slightly more important matters. I am making a few new changes to The Story Board. From now on, I will be including the fiction rating of the stories. That way, you know what you're getting into... Also, I have determined that we will begin to hand out Awards to both members and non-members. The categories for now are as follows.
  • Best Newbie: Best new author to the group. 
    • Eligibility Requirements: Joined the Wannabe Writers since the last Awards Handout.
    • Vote for: Your favorite eligible author.
  • Most Dedicated: Most (quality) updates within the month.
    • Eligibility Requirements: Member of Wannabe Writers.
    • Vote For: (Non-Voting Award)
  • Most Inspirational: This award is for the person who has inspired the most others to write stories.
    • Eligibility Requirements: NONE! This award is open to the public.
    • Vote For: The author you feel has inspired the most new stories.
  • Fan Favorite Award:
    • Eligibility Requirements: Member of the Wannabe Writers
    • Vote For: Your favorite author. DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF
  • Best FanFiction
    • Eligibility Requirements: Member of the Wannabe Writers
    • Vote For: Your favorite STORY from FanFiction
  • Best Fiction
    • Eligibility Requirements: Member of the Wannabe Writers
    • Vote For: Your favorite STORY from FictionPress
HOW TO VOTE: Send an email to drewster0@gmail.com with the subject line: Wannabe Writer Awards. I will be setting up a dedicated email address soon to receive votes and applications, so be on the lookout for that to change. I will also shortly set up an awards page, for recognizing past winners. In order for your votes to count, you must submit a pen name that is associated with a FanFiction or Fiction Press account, this constitutes a signature that you have only voted one time. If a violation is discovered, all votes from that user will be void. Thanks!

Lastly I need to mention my lack of progress on Pure Chaos. Yeah, I'm lazy, but I run this website, go to college, and read fan fiction religiously. Like I said when I started writing, don't expect frequent updates from me. I'll get to them when I get to them. The only thing you really can expect from me, is the assurance of quality. I may not get it out quickly, but I like to take pride in my work, so you will never see me produce crap just for the sake of putting out a chapter.

One last unrelated thing. I am now doing a "Let's Play" series of my own for Amnesia: The Dark Decent. Look for it on YouTube under the username NanoCarp0.

No comments:

Post a Comment