Wednesday, January 25, 2012


  • SOPA/PIPA
  • Pure Chaos
  • FFN v DeviantArt
  • Music
  • School

Well then. Organizing people is hard. I have somehow ended up spearheading an anti-SOPA/PIPA/ACTA movement here on campus. I honestly am not entirely sure how I ended up doing this. I brought the subject up to some of my friends to spread awareness, and then, next thing I know, we're talking about chartering the local bus that goes to a nearby mall, and going to DC to talk to the Senators in person... Then I had the idea recently to go preform the parody of "American Pie" called "The Day the LoLCats Died". It's a lot of boring work to organize people to sing together, especially when the way song is arranged means I can't set the tempo with my guitar before they start singing. And they don't seem to be able to keep the tempo steady... Again, I don't mind doing this stuff, but it's hard work on top of my school workload, and finding time to keep writing FanFiction is getting a bit harder.

In other news, I finished the fight scene for Pure Chaos. Now that that's done, I just have to wrap up the chapter. Although, it's proving slightly more awkward than I would like. I want to refine it more before I post it.

For those of you who don't know, I've decided that, as FanFiction.Net (FFN) is my main place for writing, I will be posting there first, then a week or so after I post on FFN, I will also post the chapter on DeviantArt. So, go to FFN for my latest work. Plus, I still don't have all of my work up on DeviantArt. I should probably fix that soon...

Speaking of which, I don't know why, but all of the editors on DeviantArt (dA) seem to have problems with the HTML code generated by my writing programs... I guess cause they interpret it differently, or something...

Besides the song I'm playing for the SOPA protest, I've also learned a decent number of other music for Open Mic Night. I still have yet to be able to perform "I Am… All of Me" by Crush 40, I learned to play "All the Small Things" by Blink-182, "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi, "The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars (Although, it still needs some practice…), "Last Resort" by Papa Roach (Let me say here though, I only like the guitar part for this song. I absolutely despise the lyrics.), and "Centerfold" by the J Geils Band. I'm also working on "Seven Rings in Hand" by Crush 40, but I'm not ready to play that yet, or any time soon. I only just finished compiling the version I will play based on someone else's Guitar Pro file. And besides those I still have all my old songs I can play. "Wonderwall" by Oasis, "Sugar We're Goin' Down" and "I Don't Care" both by Fall Out Boy, "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters, "Enter Sandman" by Mettalica, "Holiday" and "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day, "Savior" and "Prayer of the Refugee" by Rise Against, "Crazy" "Shut Up" and "Welcome to My Life" by Simple Plan, "Message in a Bottle" by the Police, "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor (I was bored, ok?), "Punk Rock 101" by Bowling for Soup. Wow... I didn't realize I know so many songs… Shame that so few use the same tuning… Plus I left my Capo at home on accident, so I can't play some of them.

So… Let's talk a bit about my school life, shall we? I'm taking 4 classes this semester. Calculus at 9:10 AM - 10:10 AM Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Discrete Mathematics (which is a Computer Science course, believe it or not.) at 10:20 AM to 11:20 AM on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Intro to Sociology at 2:20 PM - 3:50 PM on Monday and Wednesday. Lastly, Intro to College Writing from 9:40 AM to 11:10 AM on Tuesday and Thursday. I think overall I'll be busy this semester, but I should be able to keep up. Thankfully I'm pretty good in Math, and writing is decent, despite the fact that I hate writing on a deadline. I have no idea what to expect about Sociology, but we'll see.

I got to go, class is starting now...

No comments:

Post a Comment