Friday, July 15, 2011

A Big Day?

Well, got a lot of stuff planned for today... Ok, I don't, but my parent's stuff, my stuff that I want to do and need to do all add up to a lot... Let's see, we got, my littlest brother's swim lessons, I have to take a pre-test, and we are going to go see the new Harry Potter movie. Yeah... it doesn't sound like much, but trust me. It's going to be a pain. Plus I wanted to get my lazy a** in gear and get started on the last(?) chapter of Legend of Lucario.

I find it the hardest, actually, to start a chapter. Once I get past the initial few lines or paragraphs, it just sort of flows. Aleron's Sword, my beta-reading buddy, is writing a story around a song right now. I won't say too much else so I don't spoil anything, but I just wanted to say that I can't really get myself into that kind of thing. I think it just kind of interrupts the story's flow. It ruins the atmosphere and such. I will never understand why people try to put music into Fan Fictions. FF is a TEXT based thing, not audio or visual. Yeah, most of the time the story does go well with the song, but that doesn't make it any easier to be pulled out of the story every paragraph for another few lines of the song.

On a completely unrelated note, I wanted to know what you all think of that new Sonic game that is going to be coming out, Sonic: Generations. I am actually looking forward to it. I have the demo (Not that you can play it anymore) and it seemed pretty neat. The idea of heading through levels both with classic side-scrolling game play and with the newer 3D worlds is pretty neat. My only complaint is this: Why does time-travel have to be involved? I hate it I hate it I hate it. Did I mention I hate time travel? It always makes my brain hurt. Always.

My brain seems to enjoy jumping the track this morning because now I'm thinking about Transformers: Dark of the Moon. It was a pretty good movie, but there are some things about it that are really bugging me. For example, Mekelya. (I have no idea if I spelled that right) What happened to her? I get that they wanted a different actress, but why'd they have to dump the character too? I mean, come on guys. And how the hell did Megatron get out from the bottom of the ocean, and put himself back together at that? It's just one big question mark. Not much I can do to change that though. I can see quite a few FFs being written on this topic though. Overall, it WAS an awesome movie and you should go see it if you haven't already. I'm gonna stop ranting now and go get this d*** 4 hour pre-test done with. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment