Monday, August 22, 2011

Home again... for now.

Ok, well I'm glad to be home. Even if it is just for 2 days before I pack up and move into College for the first time... We just got home from Indiana today. I drove first, and swapped out with mom when I almost fell asleep at the wheel. That would have been bad. Glad I caught myself. I feel obligated now to put in the following quote from my High Schools message board so that it displays on the main page.

The Graduating Class of 2009 remembers:
Nicole Lee
Drowsy Driving Kills
Don't drive sleepy.

I have some other stuff to talk about too, and will explain that more...

First, explanation. Nicole Lee was a student at Col. Zadok Magruder High School, who graduated in 2009. Last year, on her way home from a party, Nicole was getting a ride home from one of her friends. No one in the car had had anything alcoholic to drink that night. They did, however, leave the party around 2 in the morning. The driver of the vehicle, fell asleep at the wheel for only a split second. That was enough put the car on a collision course. I believe, but am not sure, it was with a tree. Nicole Lee was killed upon impact, I believe there were other fatalities as well, but none were reported on to us in the school, because Nicole was the only Magruder student in the car.

Now, enough with the depressing stuff, eh? I want to talk a tiny bit about stories. First off, Pure Chaos. Holy... well, I can't put the rest of that sentence down. In a span of about 3 hours after posting the chapter, it got 5 reviews, and 2 favorites. I received, from people reading the story, both a favorite and an alert addition. Thanks you guys and gals out there. It means a lot to me to see that. I do want to say though, that reviews that just say "More" or "I can't wait to see what's next!" don't mean a lot to me. I would rather see you guys tell me WHAT you liked or didn't like. That way, I can make the story even better.

Next on the list is Legend of Lucario, I just wanted to let you all know, that I haven't dropped the story, I just haven't gotten around to writing the next chapter yet, but I do plan on doing so... eventually.

I'm still undecided on the whole Legendz story. It would be my first story that does not feature a TF, but I do feel like I need to branch out a little bit, and since I would be creating a new cast of characters, there would be no such thing as OOC for me to deal with, and it would be pretty open. Again, my main problem would be planning out the plot WAY in advance. Since it would be a more long term project, and have to have it's own plots, I'd have to really think through the plot structure of the story, Legendz battle tournaments, attacks from the Dark Wiz company, conflicts between the cast of characters that play the 'good guy' roles. All that stuff I'd have to come up with. Man, this sounds like a lot of work...

Last thing, this really isn't my business, but  I feel kinda sorta obligated to say this. Aleron's Sword is currently working on a HUGE chapter for his Ask the Characters story. It actually is going to be an Omake chapter, which is basically the same thing as a bonus chapter. I think I can say this without giving too much away: It was originally going to be chapter 6 of his OC Transformation Shorts story (stories?). But really, the thing is already more than 9k words, and we're only about halfway done. Ok, I say 'we' but I'm really just editing it. He's writing, along with some help from another one of his buddies, Tannon. Aleron will tell you more if he feels like it, but I'm gonna shut up now before I say something that pisses him off. XD

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, don't worry. You didn't give too much info about the chapter. I'm a little surprised that it's passed the 9k mark as well.

    ReplyDelete