Monday, February 18, 2013

*Crickets*

Huh. I wonder where everyone else is... No matter. First thing, I want to apologize in advance if some parts of this post don't make sense, I was up late last night having my mini-fangasm over WWE Elimination Chamber. Yup. I'm a WWE nut. Sue me. Okay, please don't, I don't have that much money in the first place. Point is, I'm not fully awake.

Moving on to stuff I should be talking about today beyond the front page... Stuff like, my story, school, the group... and yeah, I'll probably do a bit of ranting about Elimination Chamber. I have a few strong words for one of the refs. Anyways, you know the drill, click "Read More >>>" to, well, read more.

*EDIT* Mood and event change in the middle of writing the post... Removed talking about WWE, talked about group policy.



So... yeah. I hope to later today work more on Pure Chaos. I really don't want to leave my fans hanging again for so long. That was rather embarrassing that it took me so long to post that last chapter, and I want to try and make sure that never happens again. So today I hope to at least try and lay out what I want to have happen in this next chapter. And yes. I did in fact leave you all with a cliffy upon my dramatic return. I'm sorry, it was just too easy. I didn't want anyone getting out unscathed, and so far, Sonic didn't have a scratch on him, so you can guess who'll be taking the brunt of the crash. Plus it gives me an excuse to spotlight Chris for a while in the other areas. But next, comes the hard part. I have to write levels from the games. But the catch is, I want to avoid a major pitfall of writing a FanFiction based on a videogame. Writing the story like it's a transcript of someone playing the game. I even once saw someone come up with post-level stats during their story! If that's the kind of stuff that the readers want, we'd probably just go play a video game. My goal is to avoid that, yet still have the areas being explored be recognize-able by readers as some of the iconic areas.

Oh man. I just had a nice idea for my story. I was considering cutting a bunch of areas because I didn't really have any idea about how to get them there, but I just had a really good idea. :3 Hooray for random ideas in the middle of a college class.

Okay, now that I've written that idea down, time to move on to more fun topics... Or maybe not. Let's look at school. I suppose. Honestly, I'm enjoying my classes more than I thought I'd be, especially my "Digital Diversity" class. It's a Textual Analysis class, but really, the subject matter has been a lot more interesting that I thought it'd be, and it hasn't really seemed like much work so far. Which is good! On the other hand, I'm not particularly enjoying my "--

Sorry. I can't finish my thought. I just had a conversation via Steam with Aleronssword that didn't end to prettily. I hope we can work through this, but... It started when I asked him to blog again. He gave an answer of "I don't see the point." That makes me sad. This whole thing... it was our brainchild together... I... even if he abandons it, I won't. I promise you all that. He accuses me of it being all about the hits because I chastised him for saying he'd put up a link to his dA journal, and be done with this blog. That cut me deep. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking to get more hits, but there's no way in hell I'd abuse a relationship with a friend like that. Ever. If he wants out, that's fine. I'll be very sad, and alone here, but fine. I can't award him blogger bonuses anymore but...

As a result, I'm cracking down on bloggers. I'll figure out some sort of bonus over on dA for you all but here, you get the extra publicity at my expense. I'll work harder to keep your spotlighted stories up to date, I promise. Just let me know what story you all want highlighted. It's a shame that we aren't getting much fresh blood, and all our authors seem to be suffering from intense writers block, or are simply not blogging anymore. I hope that anyone reading this that also is an author will consider joining us. Our dA group is a lot larger, but... this. THIS. This is where it all began. And I swear to you, even if I am the only person blogging anymore, I WILL NOT let this die!

I was gonna talk about WWE... but I guess maybe I'll just make a follow up post later when I'm not feeling so depressed...

No comments:

Post a Comment